Battery Icon Disappeared on Vista

I use the Windows Vista Home Basic Operating system on my laptop and today the power icon simply disappeared from my taskbar.


Instantly I assumed that somehow or the other the power icon must have got hidden by the “Hide” behavior getting enabled. So, I tried to follow the steps below. However, it did not work because when I tried to enable the Power notification I discovered that the "power notification option" itself was disabled.
  1. Click on the windows Start Button. 
  2. Click Control Panel Menu option. 
  3. Click on the Taskbar and Start Menu option. 
  4. Click on the Notification Area Menu tab. 
  5. Select the Power checkbox to switch on the Power notification. 

After, checking various forums I found the fix for Vista which did not require any uninstalling or rebooting. The steps I used are as follows,

  1. Click on the windows Start Button. 
  2. Click Control Panel Menu option. 
  3. Click on the Device Manager option. 
  4. Expand the Batteries option. 
  5. Right click on the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery option. 
  6. While the laptop is plugged into the main power supply, click the Disable Menu option. 
  7. While the laptop is plugged into the main power supply re-enable the option by clicking the Enable Menu option. 
  8. Click on the Taskbar and Start Menu option in the control panel. 
  9. Click on the Notification Area Menu tab. 
  10. Select the Power check-box to switch on the Power notification. 
  11. Restart the PC.

Comments