Adding Images in Confluence Can Get Messy


Have you ever run into issues when adding images that are less than 200px in Confluence?
Well, Confluence can be pretty stubborn at times!
However, in reality a majority of your Confluence related issues may be due to various customizations that you have done (e.g., the styles that you added in your global and local stylesheets).
However, all you have to do is to stay cool and find a way around the issue. 
Recently, when working on Confluence (Atlassian Confluence 6.0.7), when I adjusted the size of the image to less that 200px, the preview of the image disappeared from the edit view (WYSIWYG editor) leaving only a breadcrumb to the source of the image. 
In addition, when I saved the page, that particular image appeared to be missing.
When I checked further, I noticed that when I changed the size of the image to a value less than 200px via the edit view (WYSIWYG editor), the code in the source editor changed from [1] to [2].
Example:
[1] <ac:image ac:width="400">
[2] <ac:image ac:thumbnail="true" ac:width="120">

I could not find a workaround that I could use on the Confluence edit view (WYSIWYG editor). However, I managed to fix this issue via the Confluence source editor by removing ac:thumbnail="true" in the code (i.e., by changing [2] to [3]) as follows:
Example:
[2] <ac:image ac:thumbnail="true" ac:width="120">
[3] <ac:image ac:width="120">

Comments